I had no idea that some simple things we can do can have such an impact….
Everyone is “going green” and looking for ways to save energy. Here are few tips for homeowners to become more efficient.
- Replace your standard light bulbs with compact fluorescent light bulbs. These only use 1/3 of the energy of a regular light bulb and they last for five years. Just making this one simple change can cut $60 worth of electricity use each year.
- Have a service check on your furnace every year.
- Use high quality furnace filters and make sure to change them regularly. Your indoor air quality and energy efficiency depends on the cleanliness of your air filters.
- Caulk your windows. Tiny leaks around your windows let as much heat escape as an open window. Use removable caulk, remove it in the spring and reapply in the winter.
- Add weather stripping to your exterior doors. You can find this at any hardware store and it’s another way to prevent leaks.
Small changes on their own may not make much of a difference, but combining several different energy-saving tips can mean bigger results and save more money.
Compliments of Charlie Fass aka Mister Illusion Magic Productions 916-441-8059, [email protected]